If you are a soup fan, this one is perfect at any time of year.
I like to add some extra protein on the side for maintaining blood sugar balance and supporting muscle mass.
Just add some left over roast chicken or fish, a couple of boiled eggs, or a cup of chickpeas or lentils to make the meal extra nourishing and nutritious.
Broccoli, courgette and lemon soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small head of broccoli roughy chopped including stalk (about 200g)
- 1 medium courgette chopped (about 200g)
- Juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 600ml of homemade or shop bought vegetable stock (or use bone broth)
- Salt and black pepper seasoning
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan
- Sauté onion for 3-4 mins add garlic and sauté for an extra minute
- Add the broccoli and courgette and stir
- Pour in the stock and lemon zest and cook for around 20 mins
- Add the lemon juice
- Put soup in a blender and process until smooth
- Add required seasoning and serve
For more tips and advice on peri-menopause, join a growing group of like-minded women here
To receive your FREE checklist of the Top 10 Foods to Include in Your Diet During Menopause click here