- 350g of a combination of your favourite nuts and seeds plus 2 tbsp of chia seeds. I used equal amounts of almonds, walnut pieces, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame
- 100g of gluten free oats/millet/buckwheat flakes. 1 tbsp of coconut oil melted
- 1 serving of a plain or vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 small apples chopped and cooked with a little water until soft
- 60g of dried berries of your choice.
- Combine oats, nuts and seeds in a large bowl
- Place all other ingredients except the dried berries, in a blender and process until smooth.
- Mix the paste with the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture on a baking tray and cook for bake for 20-30 mins until golden at 180C (170C if fan assisted), turning halfway through.
- Allow to cool, add dried berries and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Make approximately 16 servings.
For more tips and advice on peri-menopause, join a growing group of like-minded women here
To receive your FREE checklist of the Top 10 Foods to Include in Your Diet During Menopause click here
Adapted from a recipe by Nutritionist, Christine Bailey