An alternative to shop bought breaded chicken that can be enjoyed by the whole family. The recipe is gluten free and dairy free but does contain egg and nuts.
- 3 large or 4 small chicken breasts
- 1 cup of ground almonds
- An large egg lightly whisked
- 1 tsp of salt and some black pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil for cooking
- Pour egg and ground almonds into 2 separate dishes.
- Add the salt and pepper to the ground almonds and distribute evenly
- Cut chicken into strips or bite sized pieces
- Dip chicken in egg followed by the ground almonds until it is evenly coated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden on both sides