Quinoa Salad with Citrus Dressing
- 100g of quinoa, rinsed
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 10 inch cucumber diced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 medium chopped avocado
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaped tsp whole grain mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Optional extras/additions – olives, chopped spring onions, roasted peppers, asparagus, celery, chopped herbs
- Cook the quinoa in a medium sized saucepan with 300ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and place a lid or plate over the pan and leave for approximately 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- To make the dressing whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard together and season with salt and pepper. Add to the quinoa and stir through.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and serve
To receive your FREE checklist of the Top 10 Foods to Include in Your Diet During Menopause click here