- ½ a cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of coconut milk (carton) plus more to serve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 small apples
- almond butter to serve (optional).
- Rinse quinoa and place in a small saucepan with the water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Cool and store overnight in the fridge.
- Warm through in a pan with a little extra coconut milk
- Serve with 1 small, grated apple per person and a swirl of almond butter (if using). Or add a handful of berries whilst cooking and top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt. Serves 2
For more tips and advice on peri-menopause, join a growing group of like-minded women here
To receive your FREE checklist of the Top 10 Foods to Include in Your Diet During Menopause click here